Have you found yourself in a position wanting to get some work done but didn’t know where to look? Did you want to get a tradesperson and want to ensure that you could get some recommendations for their work?
The Residents Association maintains a list of tradespeople/handymen that residents can use for reference. This list is based on the residents’ own experience, and only people who have been recommended by the residents are on the list. The list can be used as a source for people looking to get work done. The Residents Association advises people to get multiple quotes for any work that they need, and ensure that they get references.
To date we have received the following recommendations:
- Jason Reynolds, QRT Cleaning Services: 086-153-6533 or 01-820-2579, Window cleaner who also clears and cleans gutters, qualified in garden maintenance and design.
- Jim Bolger, Total Home Services: 087-0522-570, Jim project manages a group of tradesmen. He manages things from there with his network of colleagues. He covers numerous areas: Painting & Decorating, Heating/Boiler Repairs, Home Alarms, Carpentry, Car Repairs, Computer Repairs, Plumbing, Electrical, Wood Flooring, Attic Insulation
- Lawrence Gaffney: 087-927-3711, Window Cleaning Services, gutters, wheely bins cleaned, driveways power washed.
- Chris Quigley of Quigley Paving: 087-257-2072, Supplied and fitted granite paving with slot drains, built raised planters and laid grass and AstroTurf in a back garden.
- Graham McMenamin of E.P.K.: 01-621-8478 or 086-841-6655 or email@example.com. Works on gas appliances. Based in Laraghcon in Lucan.
- Willie Grogan: 087-933-0053, local handyman, living in Riverwood. Dismantled and removed a large decked area from a garden. Available for various tasks, garden maintenance, rubbish removal, blocked drains and much more.
- Damian Kettle: 086-608-0887 lives in Riverwood Glen.
- Graham: 087-227-7691, fixed thermostat in immersion and replaced extractor fans.
- Barry Egan (Plumergency): 085-828-0038, firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.facebook.com/plumbingemergency247/
- Shane Donellan: 087-965-7442 or http://www.sdheatingandplumbing.ie/, upgraded main bathroom. Also services gas boilers.
- Andy: 086-293-9515, fixed leaking ensuite toilet pipe and installed outdoor tap.
House Alarms/Security Products
- Peter Murray: 01 824-9605, email email@example.com, lives in Riverwood Glen and owns Stop The Burglar which provides a range of security products for the home. Has fitted locks/doors/window security mechanisms for a number of Riverwood residents. No call out charge to Riverwood residents. PSA License No. 07034
- Brian Byrne: 089-400-6372 – Has designed & fitted wardrobes, put down wood floors, skirting, re-hung doors and put in a new kitchen. Highly experienced and all work carried out to the highest standard; trustworthy & very fair prices.
- Niall Farrell, 087-798-5102, BER (building energy rating) assessor living in Riverwood.
- Vokera: 056-775-5055, can service the boiler for €180 including parts (for more serious problems the price can be up to a maximum of €280) – based on quotes from 2009.
- Christy Coughlan: 087-969-1902, used by many residents to resolve leaking roofs over bay windows.
Web Site Development
- Damien Carbery, damiencarbery.com, maintains this web site and is available to create new web sites, or fix or update existing web sites. Lives in Riverwood.
If you want to the contact info for the person who provided the recommendations above – please contact us and we will respond with their details
So, if you have gotten work done in the house or garden in any of the above areas (or others that you feel may be relevant) and where you would be happy to provide a reference for the person who carried out the work, please send us the contact details and description of the work that they do and we will list on this page.