25 May 2021: We received an update from our local councillors and TDS that Irish Rail are not proceeding with a bridge into Riverwood Court as part of Dart+ West project.
Following the completion of a full multi-criteria analysis, the new preferred option for the Coolmine consists of:
- The permanent closure of Coolmine level crossing.
- Provision of a pedestrian & cyclist bridge at Coolmine Station, linking Coolmine Road to Carpenterstown Road.
- As an alternative to the provision of a new vehicular bridge, the existing road network will be upgraded, and vehicular traffic re-routed to utilise the existing railway crossing points at Diswellstown Viaduct (Dr Troy Bridge) and Castleknock Bridge.
Irish Rail are planning a consultation on their revised proposals sometime in mid to late June.
Irish Rail plan to close level crossings at Ashtown, Coolmine, Porterstown and Clonsilla and build a large road bridge through Riverwood estate as part of their plans for the DART+ West project. The proposed road bridge will cause traffic chaos in the general area and destroy green spaces, trees, and living conditions in our quiet residential estate.
The residents of Riverwood say:
YES to the electrification of the Maynooth Rail Line
YES to improved public transport
NO to traffic chaos in Dublin 15
NO to destroying our environment
NO to the proposed road bridge
The first public consultation on DART+ West closed on 21 October 2020. A second public consultation is expected shortly.
What are Irish Rail’s plans for Coolmine Level Crossing?
You can find out more about proposals for Coolmine Level Crossing by visiting the Irish Rail website which has an area with information about the DART + West project.
We have also prepared a number of webpages with useful information about Irish Rail’s plans for Coolmine Level Crossing and the reasons why we object to the ’emerging preferred option’:
- Background info and documents relevant to Irish Rail’s plans for Coolmine Level Crossing
- Advice for submissions on the first DART + West public consultation
- Submissions on the first public consultation
- Posters and flyers for the first public consultation
Kellystown Draft Local Area Plan & Road Scheme
Fingal County Council recently held two public consultation processes on Kellystown, a new urban neighbourhood planned in Dublin 15. The Kellystown Draft LAP and the Kellystown Road proposals assume Irish Rail’s plans for DART+ West will proceed as proposed and that a road bridge will be constructed through Riverwood Court / Stationcourt. For more information, you can visit our webpage on Kellystown at the link below.
Keep in touch
A second public consultation on Irish Rail’s ’emerging preferred option’ for Coolmine Level Crossing will take place soon. To stay up to date with developments, follow our Facebook page and check this site regularly.
A sub group of Riverwood Residents Association has been created to discuss the project and its impact on the estate and general area. If you would like to get more involved in our campaign to stop the proposed road bridge, please get in touch via the contact form and let us know.
We are eager to hear from anyone with expertise reviewing planning documents, legal expertise, and anyone who can help with photocopying or distributing flyers.
Please also get in touch if you are organising a relevant meeting or webinar and would like to advertise it here.
News & Events
- Riverwood Court bridge scrappedBridge plan shelved – pedestrian/cycle bridge at Coolmine and upgrades to nearby road network.
- DartWest.ie – Dart West Community CoalitionVisit the website of the coalition, established for dialogue and communication about the the impact of the Irish Rail Dart+ proposals.
- Porterstown Road closed between 1st and 11 AprilTemporary closure of Porterstown Road at the level crossing for ground investigation works for the DART+ project.
- Register now for webinars about KellystownFingal County Council are planning to run more webinars about Kellystown. Register now if you want to attend.
- Riverwood Residents Association DART+ submissionThe submission from the committee: * Shambolic consultation * Incorrect MCA conclusions * Conflict with Corporate Social Responsibility Statement 2016 * Leave the level crossing * Reasons why the proposed flyover is a terrible idea * Alternative options