Fingal County Council is running a public consultation on the Royal Canal Greenway until 7 July 2021. The consultation covers the greenway between 12th Lock Hotel and the county border (close to Leixlip).
The notable aspects between 12th Lock and Clonsilla are:
- Greenway mostly running on northern bank of the Royal Canal.
- Underpass under Castleknock Road at Castleknock train station (previously a pedestrian crossing on the road was proposed).
- One entrance into Delwood at Delwood Grove.
- Pedestrian crossing at Coolmine train station.
- Greenway to run above existing towpath west of Porterstown level crossing. It returns to existing towpath after Lambourn estate.
The full maps and supporting documents are online at https://consult.fingal.ie/en/consultation/royal-canal-urban-greenway. You can make a submission there. Please make a submission whether you support or oppose it.
There will be two webinars, on Tuesday June 1 and Tuesday June 8. See: https://www.fingal.ie/upcoming-webinars
For anyone looking for a safe route to St Francis Xavier National School, Roselawn Shopping Centre or even Blanchardsown village, the greenway can provide this.